Looking For Year 3 Math Vocabulary Printables? You’re in the Right Place! Math Activities To Inspire Your Students & Build Math Vocabulary!
Teaching your students math words is a really important part of any math lesson, and there’s research to prove it! In this post we’ll share the research with you an a ton of Math Vocabulary Resources, to get you started!
Yep! Researchers have found that students who had spent time on building their math vocabulary achieved higher results in state testing and had deeper understanding of mathematical concepts.
Studies by several researches, including, Swan & Dunstan; Hirsh & Nation found that:
- vocabulary is connected with reading comprehension and is predictor of students’ comprehension
- Students need to know 90-95% of the words in a text before they can comprehend that text
- Vocabulary need to be explicitly taught first
- Students from low socio economic areas need greater support
- Teaching math vocabulary can help raise student achievement levels
- Students with high vocabularies are better at mathematical reasoning
So it’s pretty clear that including math vocabulary activities in math lessons is a MUST!
Related Posts : Year 3 Online Math Vocabulary Games
Year 3 Math Vocabulary Printables
So we’ve put together some math vocabulary resources to use with your Year 3 student, including:
- Printable Math Vocabulary Word Searches
- Classroom Posters
- PowerPoints for Google Slides, Interactive Whiteboards & Distance Learning
- Online Math Words Games
Just log in, download below. Not a VIP Member sign up now!