Try our 2D Shapes Puzzles for a fun way for Kindergarten and Preprimary students to learn the features of circles, squares, triangles and a load more 2D shapes.
These 2D shape puzzles are just the perfect teaching resource to help students consolidate their understanding about shapes.
The 2D shape clip cards encourage students to focus on the types of line, straight or curved, and the number of sides of each fun themed shape. Next they use a peg to clip the matching shadow shape. Perfect for building 2D shape understanding using visual discrimination.
Use these activities for adding some fun to your Teaching shapes & Geometry Lessons.
We created a number of variations in the puzzles which will help you to differentiate from learning the features of 2D Shapes from Kindergarten to Year 3.
With these puzzles Students will learn to:
- Become familiar with everyday shapes including: circles, squares, triangles, rectangles and more
- Learn the correct names for shapes – e.g. a rhombus is not a diamond my friends!
- Identify shapes in the environment
- Build classification skills
- Describe 2D shapes based on their name and features
- Identify features of shapes by number of faces, edges and corners
- Identify features of shapes by number of faces, edges and vertices
Click the Download Button To Get The Resources! Not a member? Join here!